Email acceptable use policy
Use of email by customers of FieldIT’s permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the business.
However, FieldIT has a policy for the use of email whereby the customer must ensure that they:
· comply with current legislation
· use email in an acceptable way
· do not create unnecessary business risk to the company by their misuse of the internet
· use of communications systems to set up personal businesses (without prior written consent)
· use of communications systems to send chain letters
· forwarding of company confidential messages/information to external locations
· distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered indecent, pornographic, obscene or illegal
· distributing, disseminating or storing images, text or materials that might be considered offensive or abusive, in that the context is a personal attack, sexist or racist
· accessing copyrighted information in a way that violates the copyright
· breaking into the system or unauthorised use of a password/mailbox
· transmitting unsolicited commercial or advertising material
· undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources
· introducing any form of computer virus into the network
FieldIT accepts that the use of email is a valuable business tool. However, misuse of this facility can have a negative impact upon customer productivity and the reputation of the business.
FieldIT maintains the right to examine any systems and inspect any data recorded in those systems.
In order to ensure compliance with this policy, FieldIT also reserves the right to use monitoring software in order to check upon the use and content of emails. Such monitoring is for legitimate purposes only.
Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in sanctions ranging from verbal and written warnings, through to account/contract termination.
By connecting or logging onto the FieldIT email server all customers who have been granted the right to use the FieldIT’s email services are confirming their understanding and acceptance of this policy.